Thursday, October 6, 2011

I'm Not Your Friend, Mommy.

I'm Not Your Friend, Mommy. I'm Not Your Friend, Mommy Toshiba Austin-Smith Tate Publishing 127 E. Trade Center, Mustang, OK 73064 9781615664320, $9.99 www.tatepublishing.com "I'm Not Your Friend, Mommy" is a beautifulchild's book about the biblical role of a good mother to herchildren, especially interpreted as a loving mother-daughterrelationship. "I'm Not Your Friend, Mommy" explores thefeelings of both child and parent in this sensitive, Bible inspiredmorality fable, where it is made clear that being a parent is a toughjob not to be confused with any casual friend-liaison or imitation.Being a mother is the original model on which all future friendshipswill be based. Perhaps the message of "I'm Not Your Friend,Mommy" is best summed up by the ending quotation: "Today, mychild, I am not your friend./ But I will be your mother until the end./I will help you learn all you should know./ And as you mature, I willlet you go./ When you look back over the years,/ You'll understandmy dilemma and share my tears./ Yet know that God was there to see methrough,/ He showed me love, and I passed it on to you.""I'm Not Your Friend, Mommy" comes complete with a freeaudio book download.

No comments:

Post a Comment